Forums » The World!

Commander One - my experience and honest review

• 1 posts
    July 30, 2023 3:07 PM EDT
    Looking for a reliable and efficient file manager for your Mac? You've come to the right place)
    A quick search online will provide you a bunch of accessible Mac tools but TBH most of them work poorly, there are always some bugs prevent you from working...

I've decided to make this post and share my positive experience with Commander One, which is top rated file manager for Mac in 2023.
    A long time ago when I was working as a video editor I’ve struggled with file management a lot...So I accumulated a lot of files on different hard drives,  I would grab any available portabrive and dump a bunch of files on it to continue working. It was terrible because there was no structure or order to the work at all. So I was looking for hight-quality file manager that is designed specifically for Mac systems. Kind of alternative to Finder. Especially free or with reasonable price that is comparable to other apps in this category. I've tried using Cyberduck and Forklift but I wasn't satisfied. Luckily one day I accidentally came across a Commander One. I was surprised how I hadn't used this tool before. Simply it has made managing my files much, much easier and more efficient. Commander has a list of features that allow you to manage files more efficiently and easily!

PROS
    • Easy and simple to use
    • Granular control over transferring files
    • An array of smart features
    • Free version available
    • You can choose an FTP Client as well

CONS
    • FTP client isn’t the best option for beginners

The biggest reason to use Commander One is because of its dual panel system. It comes in very handy when accessing multiple folders at once, because you can have them side by side. Not only can you have multiple folders, but it works just like Finder—you can have tabs within each panel for quicker access.

Commander also comes with support for hotkeys. You can find them by entering its Preferences section. An extensive list of default hotkeys is ready for you there, so all you need to do is mug up the ones you need the most. Since we are in the Preferences section, let us also talk about the Appearance tab that’s present there. It features themes that can be set according to your liking. You can use the color wheel to change the colors of the background, text, and selections, and this section even lets you alter the fonts used by the program.

Generally the complimentary version of the software offers the fundamental file manager feature, whereas the premium version (Pro pack) encompasses extra advantages like an integrated FTP client; the capability to connect with MTP and iOS devices; supplementary archive formats like RAR, TBZ, TGZ, 7z; a terminal emulator, and additional features. The primary attraction of Commander One lies in its dual-pane file manager feature. This allows you to have two distinct paths open simultaneously, making file transfers between them exceptionally convenient.

I can give a rating of 96 out of 100% for the design, ease of use and price.
    Commander is a must-have powerful dual-pane file manager for Mac users as Mac Finder lacks several features by default that makes file transferring a tiresome experience. It offers countless features that file managing and transfer simple, fast, and easy for everyone.

Check out another commander one review to find out more information)
    Hope you'll find something useful and new here!
    • 1 posts
    July 31, 2023 2:04 PM EDT

Great post!! for beginners this is a godsend 

• 1 posts
    July 31, 2023 2:16 PM EDT

Using this file manager myself! Highly recommend it for beginners. Good alternative to Finder